Head Brewer -Dry County Brewing Company, Kennesaw, GA
Dry County Brewing Company is seeking a Head Brewer to provide leadership and ensure quality of beer and brewing practices. The Head Brewer position will report directly to the Dry County President and will oversee all brewing operations.
Qualifications for Head Brewer Position:
- 3+ years commercial brewing experience strongly preferred, as a brewer, preferably at a brewery with excellent track record of quality and consistency.
- Good understanding of quality assurance / quality control and problem solving skills.
· Experience in basic lab work (Yeast Counts/Yeast Health/Yeast Cultures)
· Experience in raw ingredient receiving/inventory management
· Computer competency with accurate record keeping skills (government compliance documents and reports)
· Experience with operating canning lines a strong plus.
- A creative thinker with a strong drive to keep learning. Possess the work ethic, organizational skills, mechanical aptitude and passion to push the boundaries in every possible way.
· Ability to manage people and a desire to share and teach others about craft beer.
· Ability to be socially active and represent company at industry events/tasting room
· Can perform tasks with little or no supervision.
· Possess a desire to learn and grow with the company.
· Ability to Lift 55# bags repeatedly
- Ability to work on your feet for over eight hours at a time.
- Responsible for the entire brewing and quality control process from “grain to glass”, including scheduling, inventory, brewing, cellaring, QA/QC, and packaging/kegging operations.
· Recipe development, scaling existing recipes and collaboration with the management team to develop new and unique beers.
· Responsible for developing and maintaining production schedules and meeting targeted production metrics
- Maintain inventory of raw materials and chemicals required to produce to schedule.
- Maintain inventory of packaging materials required to keep up with production.
- Perform and schedule equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs to minimize brewery down time.
- Maintain a clean, safe and well organized facility.
· Multi-task and develop/follow standard operating procedures (brew house, cellaring, packaging etc.)
· Responsible for maintaining the timeliness, accuracy and consistency of all elements of production brewing.
· Maintaining accurate records in compliance with all applicable federal and state requirements
· Representing the brewery at industry events/brew house/tap room
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org